Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sharing=Change

New year new you, or so they say right? What I find most people say is the first few weeks are easy in this lifestyle change, you are motivated you are feeling the burn you are hungry for that change, and then it happens...the inevitable mentality that summer is way to far from now, and that big mac is calling your name, and who cares anyway right? I mean your family and friends love you for who you are and you have put in enough work right? WRONG

So here it is ladies the cold hard truth...being over weight and unhealthy is not something you can avoid and push to the side because one day you will wake up and realize it has spiralled so far out of control you don't know where to start picking up the pieces. Maybe you have already reached that point but have no idea where to start...this is where I and million of others in this world come in to play. That is what this journey is about, leaning on one another! Learning from each others victories and mistakes, taking exercises from one person adding your own flare, passing along your recipe and letting people make their modifications to make it even better! "Sharing is caring" folks! Yes I know that was cheesy :) So this is going to be dedicated to sharing a few of my favorite things and asking you if I can share a little more....As most of you know I am in the process of studying for my ACE personal training certification. So I am looking to share my knowledge with a few individuals who are serious about a CHANGE. I would like to break down meal plans and work out plans for you each week. I would be willing to do some skype-ercise dates to work through some of the harder days with you help you work out meal plans specific to your time and budget and see what we could accomplish. I would be your "trainer" but also your friend and coach to help you and give you advice to figure out what is going to work best to keep you on the right path. So if you are interested feel free to find me on Facebook, or email me at amanda.rivera412@gmail.com with your basic information and see what we could work out. I am here to help YOU. No matter the goal if it is five lbs if it is 105 I want to SHARE my knowledge and passion with everyone.

That being said I am going to Share my daily eating for today and my daily workouts I did via youtube today. Also going to share some of my new favorite recipes I have thrown together :)

Here are a few of my new finds at the grocery store yesterday.




So I am obsessed with the wasabi and soy sauce almonds, the new pineapple greek yogurt put out by yoplait light and fit, my all time favorite protein bars Clif Builders bar in Mint Chocolate, a few new flavors in their crunch bars, AND a new fiber one cereal :)

This is my morning regiment STRONG coffee  with my indulgent pumpkin pie creamer some oatmeal, this morning it was Kashi Vanilla, other options for oatmeal is oats, skim milk, and some additives I use  are pumpkin and Cinnamon; peanut butter and vanilla greek yogurt, natural honey and strawberries or other fresh fruits.

Two hours later I took my vitamins which includes a prenatal and the three shown above and also I had a banana, a piece of whole wheat bread topped with my favorite sunbutter.

Thirty minutes later I began my work out for the day. I am going to post the videos I did today, each day is different some days I do my own work out, some days I use YouTube, some days I use the Insanity DVDs, some days I go for a run. The key for me is VARIETY. I get bored terribly easy so if I am constantly doing new things my body keeps guessing and so does my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xm3GEDVmbM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbjMVBeBBdQ

And finally ended with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJguohCA_Mk&playnext=1&list=PLZRTaDQZdOoEh6XmukwOqNIkcvZ6nQvlX&feature=results_video

This is my sweaty exhausted self afterwards!

 

So of course after all that mess I was HUNGRY and this was my post work out meal- two scrambled eggs, topped with weight watchers shredded cheese, and turkey; with a side of grapes. 
 
The afternoon was a bit hectic due to a sick child and errands to be ran so my two snacks were a Clif builders bar, and two hours later a handful of almonds and an apple, and that would bring us to dinner. Since I knew today would be touch and go I took a rack of ribs and threw them in the crock pot with a packet of seasoning and let them cook on low for the day. Now pork is not the leanest of meat that I eat but I do try to mix variety in so I found the leanest cut of ribs at the store it was 8g of fat and 2g of saturated fat and 21g of protein. I had a side sweet potato with Cinnamon and vanilla greek yogurt. 

I will end my day with either a bowl of cereal or a bowl of fruit before bed. The point is I do not count calories, I do not starve myself. I work hard,  I eat whole and well. It is all about balance and all about finding out what works for YOU. How much time do you have to prepare meals? How often do you grocery shop and what is your budget? What can you make work for you and everyone else in the house without hurting your waistline? All things we need to ask ourselves. I want you guys to set yourself up to succeed. Do not put ridiculous calorie restrictions on yourself. Do not completely cut out any group of food you eat, because we need nutrients from any and all sources. 

So, this is just a day of my regiment, what is yours? What can you do to change or modify it to make it better? Never stop searching for new ways to improve yourself on the inside and out. When you are confident and you are PROUD of what you are doing with your life, it shows. We make choices everyday, choices have consequences, and we live with those consequences regardless of what they are. So think ahead of your choices, make time where needed, prepare in advance if that works best, and take EVERY opportunity life presents to you because you never know which one might just change your life :) God Bless, Hold your head high, and Work Hard!




No comments:

Post a Comment